Are you looking for a room? We can help.
Champlain Community Centre has a number of rooms for rent. Each room accommodates a different number of people and is priced accordingly.
Priority is given to community centre programming, and rentals thereafter. Available rooms are on a first-come-first-served request basis. Please note that room rentals are not available for private for profit purposes. Rooms at the community centre may be rented based on availability during designated hours and are subject to a minimum booking time of 60 minutes.
If you have an idea for a program or class that you would like at Champlain Community Centre, please fill out a program proposal form
Room rentals request will start and be reviewed after the follow dates for the corresponding months:
August 15 September-December
December 01 January-March
March 15 April-June
June 01 July-August
Steps to Rent a Room
- Check for room availability
- If you have not yet come to see the room, we recommend that you come view the facilities prior to creating a reservation. Please call our reception desk at 604-718-6579 to enquire when a space may be vacant to view.
- Once you have viewed the space, you can put in a formal room request or email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email with dates, times, activity and the amount of people requested.
- The rental request will be reviewed within 7-10 business days (excluding Saturday and Sunday), and we will let you know if your request has been approved or denied. Please do not make a payment until you receive an email saying your request has been approved.
|Lounge & Kitchen
||Large Meetings, Socials
||Charges will be added at the time of approval
||For rentals outside of the hours of operation.* **
|SOCAN & RESOUND
||Music royalty fees will apply to all user groups that choose to play music.
For more information, please see: www.socan.ca, www.resound.ca
||Without dancing $31.63
With dancing $63.31
||A damage deposit may be required at the discretion of the community centre
||Liability Insurance is required for sports, dance or any higher risk activities such as large events. Insurance is purchased from an external source.+
* Hours of Operation Monday – Thursday 7:00am-10:00pm; Friday 7:00am-9:00pm; Saturday & Sunday 9:00am-4:00pm; Statutory Holidays Closed
**Staffing A minimum call out of 2 hours is required. Rental Supervisors may be employed to oversee the event to ensure compliance of the rental policies, to ensure building is secure and provide emergency assistance if required.
+ Certificate of Insurance – Liability Information Depending on the risk level assessed for your event, a certificate of insurance depicting a minimum of $2 million liability with the City of Vancouver, Vancouver Park Board and Champlain Heights Community Association named as additional insurers. You may wish to use your own broker or you www.eventpolicy.ca.
- Admissions or ticket sales cannot be collected for events hosted within the Centre.
- The Champlain Heights Community Association may cancel or revoke any rental at any time with or without cause and no claim may be made against the Association for damages or reimbursement on account of any loss, damage or expense whatsoever.
- The costs of repairing any damage caused by breach of any of the provisions of this agreement, including costs of extra cleaning or staffing will be deducted from the damage deposit.
- The Rental Supervisor is be employed to oversee the event to ensure compliance of the rental policies, to ensure building is secure and provide emergency assistance if required.
- The Permit Holder must follow all directions of the Rental Supervisor.
- Rental staff retain the right to shut the event down at any time should any rental patrons not comply with the centre’s rental policies.
- The Permit Holder is responsible for ensuring that the assigned area is appropriate for the activity; the activity is conducted in safe and orderly manner; the activity is restricted to the assigned area; adequate insurance has been obtained.
- The name “Champlain Community Centre” or its phone number cannot be used on any promotional material. Only the address of the centre may be displayed for private invitations.
- No overnight or pre-event storage is available outside of reservation times. You may reserve additional meeting spaces if available at an additional charge; loss or damage is the responsibility of the renter.
- Tacks and nails are not permitted on any surface within the Centre. Non-residue adhesive or removable hooks are permitted for decorations.
- Confetti or open flame candles are not permitted. Inflatable playgrounds or castles sourced from external vendors are not permitted.
- City By-Law prohibits smoking in rental facilities.
- Music and/or other loud noises must not be heard beyond the premises.
- No food which requires cooking may be prepared on the premises.
Set up & Clean up
- All rental times on the rental agreement are inclusive to set up and clean up
- All rooms are reserved on an “as is basis” and must be left in the condition found.
- The Permit Holder is responsible for setting up and taking down all tables and chairs and ensuring that all facilities used are left in the same condition as before the rental.
- Rental rates are inclusive to the use of the room and available tables and chairs.
- The centre staff do not assist with any rental supplies, equipment or other items brought in by the rental group.
- Total rental charge and damage deposit are payable not less than (3) days prior to start date.
- Payment can be made online, by phone, or in person during operating hours.
- Full damage deposit, or portion thereof, will be returned to the Permit Holder by cheque within 7 days upon completion of contract.
- Cancellation requests must be received in writing (email) and require a minimum of 3 days’ notice to receive a refund of fees paid. Cancellation requests received less than 3 days prior to your reservation date will not be eligible to receive a refund.
- All refunds are subject to review and approval